Skip to main content

Chpt 7 Bankruptcy creditor dispute

Tracy, CA |

One of the creditors in my Chpt 7 bankruptcy, which was discharged 7/23/08, has accused me of fraud and other horrible things. I made on time, never late, payments on the loan I had with this creditor for 12 months before filing bankruptcy. All the information I submitted on my application was correct and my credit score at the time was 724. Even though I have been told that I have a very strong case, the attorney that handled my bankruptcy case suggested I settle with the creditor since he does not have the time to devote to go to court to dispute this matter. This is unfair. I have submitted all requested documents to the creditor's attorney to show proofe that I have done nothing wrong. They want me to pay a riduculous amount monthly for 60 months. What options do I have to dispute this creditor. Is it wise to represent myself? My funds are now limited since I already spent money on a bankruptcy attorney.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If at all possible do not represent yourself. If your case was discharged I am not sure why the creditor is now seeking money. I suggest you contact a bankruptcy attorney for a free initial consultation to get a second opinion. Take with you your bankruptcy paperwork and anything you have received from the creditor.