Skip to main content

CHP Issued a misd. DUI & cited then released without license taken away, no cvc 23152(b) written, confused on how to proceed.

Corona, CA |
Attorney answers 5


While it may be unnecessary, it can't hurt. You might be wise to also consult with a locally experienced DUI attorney. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen


You seem to be pretty well informed about the The DMV will not be suspending your license. You will not need to defend your driving privilege through a DMV Administrative Per Se hearing. However, as my colleague mentioned, you might want to consult with some local attorneys. You don't need to hire anyone yet, but the prosecutors might still file charges with a BAC below .08. If that happens, you'll want to be ready. Don't underestimate how much a simple 20 minute free phone call can help you better understand the situation and set your mind at ease.


Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
t. 323.803.4352 | f. 323.617.3838
Sunset Law Building | 1295 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA | 90026


Officers sometimes forget to issue a temp license. I've even had one officer issue a citation without the 23152(b) violation, only to submit it a month later because of the way chemical test results worked out.

While it MIGHT not be necessary, in my practice, I ALWAYS request a DMV hearing just to the safe side. If BAC level comes back too low, DMV will simply dismiss the case.

However, be warned that Ricerside county will still likely pursue DUI allegations under 23151(a) - and if convicted, you would still lose your license as it is still a DUI conviction.

Any information provided through in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.


If no DS 367 notice of administrative action was giving you and you're sure
the blood alcohol level was under point O eight there will be no DMV action
at this time however if you get a DUI conviction you will get an
administrative suspension I would contact an attorney to discuss this


Hire an experienced DUI attorney. They will help you navigate the court system and be able to assist you on the DMV issue. It is does not appear that you have anything to worry about with the DMV at this time.

A local DDA was recently praised for getting a .07% conviction. This is to warn you to take the (a) count seriously.

Best of luck,

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer