Skip to main content

Child Visitation being revised.

Shawnee Mission, KS |

My husbands son is turning 3 and the visitation agreement changes to every other weekend. His mother does not want her son staying an entire weekend at his fathers house and wants to break up the weekends. ( She has no reasoning behind her feeling besides her just not wanting the child to) She claims she will be taking the child's father to court to get the court ordered agreement revised. Does she have any way of getting it changed just because she wants to go back on what she has signed? She is a Residential parent and her rights regarding the child are the same as the fathers.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


That depends on what the court beleives after the hearing.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.