Skip to main content

Child support dissmissed because Im not the Biological or legal father Please HELP!

Atlanta, GA |

My case was dismissed July 16, 09... DNA proved that i am not the legal or biological father of my ex's two kids. I received a letter today saying I owe almost 3,000 in back child support and it has already gone to the dep. of treasurey and i am in legal trouble because it has exceeded 2000. How is this possible? DHR told me back in July that the case was closed. I have a letter of dismissal signed by Judge Bowens of Fulton co. superior court. and now I am getting this letter. These children are not mine and I have a letter of dismissal. Every attempt I have made to ensure that I would not fall through the cracks and this would not happen obviously did not work. What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to consult with an attorney immediately. If you are not the biological or legal father of a child, then you should not be paying child support for that child. Dealing with the Department of Family and Children's Services (DFCS) can be a very complicated and difficult matter. Attorneys that have experience in dealing with DFCS can help you navigate your way through the dead ends, and get you the progress and solution that you seek. Many attorneys offer free consultations, and you should bring all of your paperwork to the consult in order to find out what the best options for you are in resolving this unfortunate situation. Feel free to check out my profile and learn more about myself and my law firm, and I would be happy to set you up with an initial consultation to discuss your needs with one of the attorneys at my firm.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer