Child Support Case is going to District Attorney- what does this mean?

Saint Louis, MO |

I have full custody of my 2 children and my ex wife is behind over $13,000 in child support. The District Attorney's office took possession of the case from CSE and I have been checking it's progress online (case.net). But the terms and abbreviations are so confusing. Can someone please tell me what is going on? When I call their office, they say everything will be communicated in the mail, but I haven't received anything yet and it says it was mailed on 11/16.

Judge/Clerk - Note
Automatic Family Court Order Rule 68.3 and Mandatory Exchange of Documents Rule 68.5 forms given/mailed to attorney/petitioner.
Confid Dom Rel Info File Sheet
Petition Filed - No Fees
Memorandum Filed
Filing:
FAMILY TRACKING SHEET
Judge Assigned
DIV 6 FC10
Thank you

Best Answer

When your child support case was taken over by the prosecutor's office, that means that criminal nonsupport charges have been filed against your former wife.

Rule 68.5 of the local rules in your county requires financial documents to be provided - and the party to provide them has 60 days to do so according to the rule.

Unfortunately, these matters just take a fairly long time to resolve. You probably haven't received anything from the prosecutor's office yet because it is unlikely that they have anything to report to you yet. Just be patient for the time being and check in with them periodically so your case gets the attention it deserves.

Answers given here are for general information only and do not create Ana attorney client relationship. The choice of an attorney is an important decision and should not be based on advertisement. I only am licensed in the state of Missouri. If you are seeking information in a different jurisdiction, you should seek an attorney in your jurisdiction.

This is what was just updated on Friday, but I have not heard anything yet: 11/29/2012 Correspondence Sent Notice of Registration of Support Order sent to Jennifer Rodriguez Fontan with copy of order being registered and statement of arrearage. 11/16/2012 Judgment Entered WITHOUT TRIAL--JUDGMENT ENTERED--UIFSA. Jennifer Rodriguez Fontan is ordered to pay child support for two children for a total of $725.00 per month. Jennifer Rodriguez Fontan is ordered to pay child support arrearage of $12,611.00. Other Final Disposition Judge/Clerk - Note Automatic Family Court Order Rule 68.3 and Mandatory Exchange of Documents Rule 68.5 forms given/mailed to attorney/petitioner. Confid Dom Rel Info File Sheet Petition Filed - No Fees Memorandum Filed Filing: FAMILY TRACKING SHEET Judge Assigned DIV 6 FC10

These are the abbreviations

Confid = Confidential
Dom = Domestic
Rel = Relations
Info = Information

You will be notified by mail about what is not confidential concerning this domestic relations inforamation being review by the prosecutor.

The office said that she modified to have child cupport lowered to zero. Is that information listed here in this docket entry?

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Maybe but I don't see it.