Skip to main content

Child Support Calculation based on FL Child Support Guidelines

Orlando, FL |

EX husband has provided a paycheck that shows paid a gross total paid through 12/17/2011. (His next paycheck is in January 2012 which pays for the remainder of 2011). Would this not mean and that the gross shown is for 11.55 months in 2011?

Correct calculation of his gross monthly amount then should be Gross total divided by 11.5 months = monthly gross amount?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes technically that is true. You could also add the additional amount paid in 2011 (based on the January 2012 paycheck) and then divide by 12 for the monthly gross amount.


I am going to disagree with your approach. Your ex husband was alive for 12 months in 2011. He had income during that time period. What he received in 2011 is divided by 12 to get the monthly gross. I realize this makes for a lower gross than if you divide by 11.5 months, but the child support guidelines are based on actual income received, not earned.

My question to you is: if a paycheck is dated 12/17/11, wouldn't the next paycheck 2 weeks later be 12/31/11?

I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. While Avvo is a wonderful resource, nothing can be a substitute for an in-depth consultation with an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the law is to be applied. This response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer