Skip to main content

Child support arrears

Houston, TX |

My kids are 32 and 29 my ex is going after arrears. I had the kids during the course of many years. Because I moved ouy of state I did not modify custody. I have school records to back my claim. Can I file motion to modify arrears?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is doubtful, because it has even over 10 years since the children aged out of systemized support. However if there has not been a "confirmation of arrears" in any order since they live with you, you may hae a chance. Bring documents that prove they were living with you when you go to the contempt hearing. I would encourage you to have an attorney at your side.
Many, like myself, give a free initial consult and can give you clearer guidance based on all the specific facts of your case.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.