Skip to main content

Child Support and visitation modification filed in 2011. Case is stuck in the system, almost 2 years. How do I move it forward?

Orlando, FL |

Modification request filed in Nov 2011. We went to mediation without resolve in Aug 2012. The case is stuck in system without any movement. Ex also has a pending divorce and child support case in Broward county with his 2nd wife and is using my case in Orange county in his favor due to the child support he is providing to me. ex also filed motion to compel me to comply with marital settl on a separate issue in July 2013 which has been cleared, but now it seems on face value that there has been movement on original case , but that was not related to modification. Its 2 years, what are my options to move case forward?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Notice it for trial immediately. Get it on the trial docket and things will have to start moving along. Good luck.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


Reatian an attorney who can file a Motion to set Trial. Good luck

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


If a supplemental petition for modification of child support was filed by either one of you and you have already gone to mediation without any resolution, and any and all financial discovery has already been complied with, you need to file a notice that action is at issue and ready for trial. Once filed, if done properly, the court will begin to set your case on the docket. Right now it is just pending and will not get set automatically.

I am not sure if you were the one that filed or if he did, but I would recommend you consult with a local and experienced family law attorney and possibly obtain representation to assist you the rest of the way. Many great attorneys can be found here on Avvo just by doing a local search to Orlando and will offer free consultations, myself included. That is at least a starting point.

Ophelia Bernal-Mora
Orlando Family Law Attorney

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora


Please note Orange County has specific requirements for when you file a Notice for Trial. There is an additional form that needs to be done, and you need to send in stamped envelopes for the parties as well. See for additional information and forms if you are unable to retain counsel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer