Skip to main content

Child support

Orlando, FL |

I have a ex wife whom I have 2 kids with in another country which is a third world country. She has never been in the US and is trying to find ways to sue me for child support. She is very selfish, she is getting child support from my VA benefits and SSDI but she want more because she is supporting all her family as well her boyfriend. Does she have a case against me if she hires a lawyer in Florida even thought she will be absent during court hearings?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Doubtful since you get SSDI, but you need to speak to a lawyer familiar with VA disability.Best of luck.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


What do you mean she is trying to find ways to sue you for child support if she is already receiving child support from you. What court orders are in place already? I think some additional information is needed or you need to contact a local attorney directly to discuss further.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


Go speak with an attorney in your area about these issues.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239