Skip to main content

Child Custody Pro Bono Lawyer

Rahway, NJ |

I have full custody of my 10 y/o daughter. I received letter mail stating her father wants full custody. He hardly takes her and when he does she ends up with is mother or his sister. Where can I find a lawyer that will take my case pro bono?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Pro Bono means for the public good. A private custody dispute most likely does not qualify.

You might contact the legal aid section of your local Bar Association or courthouse to see if affordable legal services are something you qualify to obtain.

Meanwhile, you are right to seek legal counsel. The concerns about the best interests of your daughter are too important for you to try and defend yourself Pro Se.


NJ does not offer such a legal service. You should contact your local bar association for a lawyers' referral program because such attorneys generally discount their rates.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer