Skip to main content

Child custody..Painful matter..

Ocala, FL |

I need your help...
I am ukrainian, my child is american citizen, by USA law my daughter resides with me in Ukraine (i have desidion of the court). My ex-husband has very good income but doesn't want to help a child. Can you recomend me pro-bono lawyer who would help me in my case to apply for the child support. I would appreciate your help so much..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

If your court decision doesn't address child support but does indicate that the child lives predominately with you, you should contact the Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement office in the county where he resides and open a child support action with them. Even if it is addressed, if he's not paying, then they could assist you. Their services are free to the custodial parent. However, they are also very slow due to being very overloaded. If you would like quicker results, then you should consider retaining private counsel experienced in these matters.

My office offers free initial telephone consultations if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, as well as explore the potential rights and options available. If you would like to coordinate a free initial telephone consultation, please contact my office at 407-971-6140 or 352-324-2444 to schedule same.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements.

Joanna Mitchell, Esquire
Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Offices in Seminole and Lake Counties
1809 East Broadway Street, Suite 321
Oviedo, Florida 32765
PH: (407) 971-6140 or (352) 324-2444
FX: (407) 971-1137


Does your decision of the court say anything about child support? Was your ex-husband ever ordered to pay anything to you?

Our law firm would be happy to help you try to collect child support. We are not pro bono; we do not work for free. But we will try to work with you on an affordable basis.

Mark S. Guralnick, Esq.
(866) 337-2900