Child Custody- Home Evaluation

Bronx, NY |

What are the courts looking for when they conduct a home evaluation of the Parents?

They want an overall "picture" of each household (since the Judge doesn't do home inspections), but they also look for hazards, such as no window guards on 2d floor (or higher), open electrical sockets, hanging wires, no/little food in the frig, inadequate bedding for the child, etc. That said, I encourage you to schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment of your situation.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

In addition, they are looking for cleanliness. But Mr. Bliven covers most of the bases.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.