Skip to main content

Chief judge is my judge and he is impartial - what do I do?

Orlando, FL |

How can I work around Chief Judge in a case when he has verbally abused me in open court and I'm innocent, and I have posted stuff on the web about his threats and legal aid won't help me. what do I do?

+ Read More

Filed under: Filing a lawsuit
Attorney answers 3


I doubt very much that posting on the internet inflammatory information about a judge is going to endear him to you. If you don't have an attorney, now would be the time to procure one -- it will at least provide a buffer between you and the judge.

Good luck to you.

Michael S. Haber is a New York attorney. As such, his responses to posted inquiries, such as the one above, are limited to his understanding of law in the jurisdiction in which he practices and not to any other jurisdiction. In addition, no response to any posted inquiry should be deemed to constitute legal advice, nor to constitute the existence of an attorney/client or other contractual or fiduciary relationship, inasmuch as rendering legal advice involves the ability of the attorney to ask appropriate questions of the person seeking such advice and to thus gather appropriate information. In addition, an attorney/client relationship is formed only by specific agreement. The purpose of this answer is to provide the questioner with general information, not to outline specific legal rights and remedies.


I agree with my colleague that publicly criticizing a judge is very unwise. It's like pikcing a fight with a publisher - they always get the last word and can do a lot more damage to you than you can to them.

As far as courtroom activity, I assume you're too late to disqualify the judge and are stuck with him. Demeanor counts, and if you're going to represent yourself because you want to or have to, conduct yourself in way that makes it hard for the judge to abuse you. Courtrooms are public places, and I doubt very much that this judge will abuse you if you're conducting yourself appropriately.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.


It would serve you well to ask around about your judge and find out what lawyers in your area have the best working relationship with him. Then hire them and let them do the talking. This is one reason why lawyers can provide a valuable service to their clients.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer