Skip to main content

Charges dropped but immigration hold still continues. Immigration lawyer needed?

Dallas, TX |

The father of my kids and I were both together and then got pulled over.When the officer checked our info, she saw I had a restraining order on the person I was with and arrested him right after.He went to court and the charges were dropped but he still has an immigration hold. He is a legal resident, is it possible that he may get his residency taken and deported. Should I hire an immigration lawyer for this? How long does ICE have to come and pick him up before they can release him?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Hire an experienced immigration attorney to assist you.


Yes, you should meet with an immigration lawyer ... there may be something 'more' in his file that is a basis for the hold.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


"Charges dropped but immigration hold still continues. Immigration lawyer needed?" - Certainly. If the deportation officer will not give the person a bond, he will remain in ICE's custody.

Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


You need to find out exactly why he is being held. Hiring an attorney to look into it is the best way to go.


Yes, you should hire an immigration attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer