Skip to main content

Chapter 7 means test in California. Would school FASFA money be considered income on Means Test?

Los Angeles, CA |

Just wondering if it should be listed. It's my only means of support right now anyway so I am sure there are no issues getting qualified (low income) ; just wondering if a lump sum or whatever would need to be included.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes. But discuss this with your BK attorney.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.


Yes - if it's student aid ... No - if it's student loans.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer