Skip to main content

Changing biometrics appointment for N400.

Orlando, FL |

I have filed N400. I cant make it to biometrics appointment date which is 3 weeks from now. Rather than mailing them the letter asking to reschedule, i think it would be faster if I can go to USCIS office, which is near by house. Currently I have a leg cast and cant walk. So, can my parents go the USCIS office with my signed reschedule request letter.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


They can, or you can come some other time, when you can and ask them to process your biometrics and they will do.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I concur with my colleague.




J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You may also, in an abundance of caution, mail a brief requests for your needed change (to the address indicated at the bottom of the I-797. It is also always a good idea to send the letter via certified mail or at least with delivery confirmation, and of course keep a copy of the letter and I-797 for your records. If you can go before your scheduled time and date (avoid Mondays and Fridays), especially with your condition, you would likely be allowed to have your fingerprints taken that very day.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer