Currently my husband and I are on F1. But I plan to withdraw from school. I submitted an application to change my nonimmagration status from F1 to F2, and received the case receipt notice online. If I withdraw from school, my F1 will be invalid. Is it leagal to stay in the sates during the pending period? I don't have any valid visa but the case receipt notice.
And what if they deny my application... Do I have to leave right after the notification? or there is a grace period?