CASH, FOOD STAMP, AND MEDICAID FOR ASYLEE

New York, NY |

I heard from friends that IF I HAVE ASYLUM STATUS AND i haven't receive green card yet.....If i get some benefits like: food stamps, and cash and medicaid ...these benefits ruined my chance to receive my green card based on my asylum case??? IS that true??

I would repost this question in Immigration Law. This is not a social security question.

Yes, asylees are entitled to certain benefits. Please visit www.uscis.gov for more information.

I know they can apply for benefits but do these benefits affect asylee eligibility for GREEN CARD?

It depends on nature of our asylum and type of benefits you seek. Contact an immigration attorney.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice. Please contact us at 954-916-2667 or Dugandisabilitylaw.com in Florida for a FREE evaluation and legal advice pertaining to your particular claim. We give telephonic consultations and handle claims electronically nationwide