Skip to main content

Case dismissed. What's next?

Bellevue, WA |

In court about a year ago I agreed to continue case for dismissal or amendment of charges (so called dispositional continuance). All conditions were met and the case was dismissed last week.
Should I obtain from the court a copy of the doc showing the case was dismissed?
Should I clean the records so that it shows up in fewer searches?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes, you should get a copy of the final orders that show you have complied with everything you were asked to do. Then, you can check the status of your records with the Washington State Patrol, because they are the agency tasked with maintaining all criminal history in WA.

You can start on line. *IF* you determine that WSP has data in their database about you based on this charge, then contact them to determine exactly when you can correctly assert that you have no conviction history. Hope this helps. ELizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer