Skip to main content

Car accident, police report, not my fault, lower back and neck pain after the accident.

Van Nuys, CA |

I was hit from behind while I was at a complete stop on 4/5/12.
I was driving with a co-worker both of us have pain on lower back and neck.
the Insurance company has already declare a total loss for my truck ($?) and offering me $500.00 for medical bills even do my doctor said I have to wait at least two more weeks before He send me to MRI to check in my neck.
Can you advise?
I do have Insurance Liability with Mercury.
Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

Consult a person injury attorney as soon as possible. You should be able to locate a competent personal injury attorney who will provide you with free consultation and take your case on a contingency fee basis. You are entitled to receive compensation not only for property damage but all past and future medical expenses, any lost earnings, and general damages including pain and suffering. You and your attorney may want to consider completing your medical and physical therapy treatment before making a demand on the insurance company. This way you will have a full dollar figure for your special damages.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.


My advice is to retain an attorney for you and your friend ASAP. Do not talk to the insurance company anymore, get an attorney like me who handles these cases in the San Fernando Valley.

My law firm handles car accident cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at . Our office gives free consultations over the phone 24 hours a day at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

No attorney/client relationship is or shall be created by this response on Avvo to non-clients of The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez.



I used your web page but no answer. You should check with your people or you are really busy. Thank you. PD: I do have a lawyer now.

Norman Gregory Fernandez

Norman Gregory Fernandez


Never received anything from you. Best thing to do is to call. Good luck on your case.


Get a lawyer. Research has shown that cases settle for an average of 50% higher when asserted by attorneys. It's a no-brainer. Get a lawyer.

Answering your question does not make me your lawyer. No attorney-client relationship is created until we enter into a written agreement signed by both you and I.


You have already received excellent advice from three very good California attorneys. One of the reasons they have each indicated that the best course for you is to retain an attorney is that early in any claim there is great potential to do damage to a case. Another reason is that the insurance industry's own statistics confirm that the value of any claim goes up once an attorney is retained.


It is much too early to discuss settlement with the defense carrier.

If you and your co-worker were "on the clock" when accident happened, you may need to file a worker's comp claim. You may still have a separate claim against the other driver.

If you have medpay on your auto policy or health insurance to cover your medical bills, don't even talk to defense insurance carrier until you are done treating. If you don't have medpay or health insurance, or if you are still in treatment in 4 - 5 months, call a lawyer.


$500.00 is an insult. Get an attorney before you ruin your case. Immediately!

Edward Ramsey, Esq.

ATTORNEY DISCLAIMER TO THE ABOVE ANSWER: The information that I have provided to you is for general information purposes only and shall not be construed as legal advice for your individual circumstance. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and you should consult with an attorney in your State directly so that the attorney has the full facts, documents, and an account from other witnesses that help support your contentions. If you like my comment, please click on the thumbs-up link below.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer