Skip to main content

Car accident.

Union, NJ |

It was 8 car involved. black ice was a factor. but the one car was speeding that caused everything. she hot someone head one on the other lane while she was still out of control she hit another car and then she finally hit me she caused the pile up but who is at fault?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


Contact a personal injury attorney in New Jersey to handle your claim.

Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


These cases can be very difficult to unwind. Report to your insurance company immediately. If you have personal injuries you should consult with a NJ lawyer immediately.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee in contingency cases


Get this reported to your auto insurance as well as hers. I would also contact a local personal injury attorney. Sounds like there may be several parties involved which can get very messy. It is best to have legal counsel to work this out for you. Good luck.

Randy Sevenish is licensed to practice law in the State of Indiana. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue.


I can't tell you my opinion without seeing the police report and speaking with you about what happened. You should consult with an attorney as soon as possible. These consultations are free.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


First, if you are injured , go seek medical care for your injuries. You will also need to report this accident to your insurance carrier. As for whether you have a persona injury claim, you should contact and meet with a local personal injury attorney for a free consult on your matter.


The facts will need to be sorted out through witness statements, driver's statements, the police report etc. Chances are the speeding person will be found primarily at fault.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


There is no way to determine fault from a two sentence Avvo posting. You would need to retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Don't try to figure out who is at fualt. Get a lawyer let him try to get it sorted out.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.


The question cannot be answered without reviewing the police report, sitting with you and asking questions and determining what the insurance is available. There are several possibilities.
Consultations are free in these cases.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer