Cancellation of removal based on abused spouse petition

Bronx, NY |

I am here 7 years and two lawyers said i have to be here 10 years another said 3 years?

Best Answer

The applicant must have lived continuously in the United States for 3 years
immediately preceding the filing of the application.

3 years for cancellation of removal for an abused spouse. 10 years for cancellation of removal otherwise.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

An abused spouse applying for special rule cancellation of removal under VAWA is only required to have 3 yeas of physical presence in the U.S.

Sent from my iPad

It is 3 years for VAWA cancellation (abuse cancellation). Find an immigration attorney who knows what they are doing. Many including my firm offer free case evaluations and are experienced in VAWA cancellation applications.
Regards,
Nick Misiti, Esq.
Misiti Global, PLLC
40 Wall St. 28th Fl
New York, NY 10005
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.