Skip to main content

Canada visa with US refugee documents

Fremont, CA |

i hold US refugee documents, and i want to travel to Canada for visiting my family. do i need a visa for canada?
what is the law about entering to canada with US refugee documents?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you do need a visa to temporarily visit Canada.

GOOGLE the website of the Canadian consulate in San Francisco and familiarize yourself with what they call the "temporary resident" visa requirements. That's the type of visa you'll need.

When applying, it will be helpful to show that you've already purchased your airplane ticket with a date certain flight, as well as made hotel accommodation arrangement.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, you do need a visa.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.


You probably will need a visa. But you can always check with a Canadian immigration lawyer.

Shah Peerally, Attorney at Law President of Shah Peerally Law Group PC Newark CA Important: The above is provided for educational purposes only. You should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. Cases differ and success in one case might not constitute guaranty of success in your case. We recommed to talk to a licensed attorney before you proceed. For more information on call us on 510 742 5887

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer