Skip to main content

Can you sue your husbands mistress for breaking up a family?

Baraboo, WI |

She knew the marriage was in trouble and used that to work her way into his life. If I'm not mistaken, I saw a program on TV of a true story where a mistress broke up a family, and the wife won the court case.

My friend lives in Illinois.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Whether or not you can sue your husband's mistress depends on the laws of your state. In Texas, you can file such a claim. In Washington, you cannot. Talk to an attorney in your state as to whether this would be a valid claim.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer