Skip to main content

Can you sue SS for unfair treatment?

Toms River, NJ |

I've been on SS Disability for 11 yrs. and every year my work related expenses are in question. They have been the same for the past 5 yrs. This year I had a very rude agent at SS, I desided to write her a letter explaining just how rude she was and how it made me feel. After that my checks stopped and after 45 phone calls and talking to her supervisor and the Congressmens office I will receive my first check in April. The actions of this agent has lost me 2 months of payments. I have begun to experience panic attacks which I haven't had since 2009 and I'm not even sure what happened. I was told to do a reenstatement/waiver on Dec. 31, 2012 and the agent said not to we will wait. She was checking into my $23000 overpayment. Which I don't know what happened with that either.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The short answer is no, you can't sue the Social Security Administration over a rude staffer. You should consult with an SS disability attorney about this overpayment issue, the sooner the better. Good luck.

A response to a question posted on Avvo is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is informational only. Allan E. Richardson, Esq. Richardson, Galella & Austermuhl 142 Emerson ST., Woodbury, NJ 08096 856-579-7045.


No, you cannot sue the Social Security Administration for unfair treatment per se, but you can, and probably should, consult with a local attorney who specializes in SS law to go over the details of your situation.

You can use the "Find a Lawyer" tab here at Avvo or go to to find an attorney. Best of luck.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer