Skip to main content

Can you sue if funiture gave out while sitting on funiture?

Lafayette, LA |

I was sitting on bed in a well known store and one side of the bed (matress and box spring) gave titled and hit the floor... I felt a shock it my back and upper shoulder...asscoicates saw this incident and never acknowledge it laugh and walked away. I then brought it to a another assciate and his reply was; Thank you its ok all we going to do is put out another and walked away. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to see a doctor to determine whether you have suffered injuries and to what extent treatment is necessary. If your physician diagnoses injuries consistent with the trauma from the incident at the store, go see a local personal injury lawyer to determine whether you can recover the costs of getting your injuries treated and something for pain & suffering. I wish I could tell you that the callous reaction of store personnel would increase your recovery, but it probably is irrelevant. On the other hand, no matter what happens on the legal front, the management and owner of the store need to know both what happened to you and how you were treated. But, save that communication until after you see a doctor and get local legal advice.

Good luck.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. You can access my Legal Guides through my profile page.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen


If this incident occurred in the State of Louisiana, do not delay in speaking with an attorney because Louisiana has one of the shortest tort statute of limitations of any State in the country.


Seek medical attention immediately.

Jim Magazine


I'm sorry to hear about this. If you were injured, see a doctor. If you sustained injuries more than your pride, contact a local personal injury lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


After consulting a lawyer, you will likely be advised you may have a case.
Preserving evidence, witness names are important.
Promptly contact a lawyer if you are going to
Pursue this.
Good luck!
Brent Cueria

This post does not imply or constitute an attorney-client relationship. Time sensitive information should never be sent to the Law Firm via e mail or website. We offer no opinion on any applicable statute of limitation. Consult an attorney immediately.