Can you serve someone while they are in the hospital?

El Cajon, CA |

Law enforcement tried to serve my ex-husband at his mom's house since that's the address the DMV has on file. Mom told law enforcement that he was back in the hospital. I wasn't given any reason of why and where. But if he is found can he get served while he is in there?

Yes, if he can be found, the sheriff or process server can serve your ex-husband in the hospital, so long as it is "personal service" and not "substituted service".

Yes. Follow all the other rules on p[personal service and the location does not matter.

Yes, just be sure it's personal service and not a substitute service.

DISCLAIMER / REPRESENTATION NOTICE:
Unless you have previously retained the services of The Law Offices of James V Sansone, no Attorney-Client relationship exists between you and The Law Offices of James V Sansone or Attorney James Sansone by the mere receipt of this transmission, including any attachments. Furthermore, any communication with The Law Offices of James V Sansone or Attorney James Sansone through this transmission may not be considered confidential. Finally, any statement contained herein does not constitute a guarantee regarding the outcome of your legal matter and the information contained in this email DOES NOT constitute legal advice.