Skip to main content

Can you receive compensation from a car accident for bodily injury & job loss other than what the insurance company is offering

Belleville, IL |

My husband was involved in a car accident in which he was not at fault. The insurance company found fault in the other driver as well as the law, and the insurance company is currently looking to give a payout for our truck that was a total loss. However, my husband has sustained injuries to where our physician will not release him to work because he is currently receiving medical treatment and the work he is does can create more physical issues. Because of this, he has lost his job. Is there a way he can be compensated for the loss of his job?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to consult with a Personal Injury attorney!!!

If you want to get the maximum recovery from your injuries you NEED a Personal Injury attorney.
Your husband should be compensated for LOST TIME FROM WORK, MEDICAL BILLS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, and any PROPERTY DAMAGE that occurred.

DO NOT SIGN the Insurance release before you consult with an attorney.

Your husbands claim may very well be worth more than the Defendants policy limits in which case you will need an attorney to help you with issues such as underinsured coverage, etc.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

312-532-8554 OR


Yes, you have a right, along with your husband, to get any damages you and he can prove along with pain and suffering damages he might have and any other claims supported by the evidence. Medical bills, medicine costs and other items can become part of the lawsuit claims for negligence against the other driver.

If proof exists to tie the loss of employment to the car accident, that evidence can be submitted in a lawsuit against the negligent party, too.

See an Illinois lawyer right away.


I am licensed in Nevada, but this Answer should apply in Illinois as well. In addition to the above Answers I would add the following advice:

Look to your car insurance to see if it contains Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage. This coverage will pay for your husband's medical bills and lost income up to a specified limit. Check with your agent as he or she can give you additional information on this coverage.

Also, he may be eligible for workers compensation benefits, including wage loss, if he was injured in the course and scope of his employment.

Hope this helps.

/s Donald Kudler

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer