Can you please explain the process from my court date with a magistrate through arraignment and plea acceptance.

York, PA |

Get a criminal defense attorney. If you cannot afford to hire a criminal defense attorney, apply for a public defender. Criminal defense is not a do-it-yourself project.

Since possession of marijuana carries a 6 month license suspension, the money you invest in the services of a lawyer will be well worth it if the marijuana charge is dropped (as it often is)

That comes to news to me, a buddy of mine was charged with possession and paraphernalia and he was sentenced 30 days of probabtion nwith no liscence suspension. how can I get that?

Forest Dean Morgan

Forest Dean Morgan

Marijuana results in a suspension. Paraphernalia does not. Because this is a first offense, there are also other options. Consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area.

Okay thank you for your time sir.

A drug offense can lead to a license suspension along with other serious implications. It is suggested that you immediately sit down with an attorney who can explain the process to you.

First, your question: The preliminary hearing before the Didtrict Judge is followed by a "formal arraignemnt" in the court of common pleas. In some counties, the next step is the trial list. In other counties there is a "pre-trial conference".
I agree with my colleagues, don't even think of representing yourself for the reasons stated. You need a lawyer to help you with this. You may want to discuss a possible Section 17 with whatever attorney you choose.