Can you not get paid because you quit before a 3 month probation period?

New York, NY |

I started doing a part time dog walking job for this agency and after a month I had to quit. They told me that they are not going to pay me for the month that I work because I quit before my 3 month probation period. I don't recall this being relaid to me during the orientation process. Is this legal?

No. You should be pai for the work you performed.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

Even if you quit before your probation period was up, you should be paid for the time that you did work.

To get clarity on you situation, and to ensure that you are paid your lawful wages for the work you performed, it’s key that you schedule a consultation with an experienced employment lawyer as soon as possible.

-Denise K. Bonnaig
212-374-1511