Skip to main content

Can you help me to file up form I-864/review form I-864

Deland, FL |

I already submitted the form to nvc but they said wrong so I have to correct the form and send again

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Due to the recent revisions to the I-864, I am seeing many people come in who require help with this form. It has become more technical and confusing than in the past. Unfortunately, while Avvo is a great place to get general information, it is not an appropriate forum for individual legal advice. I would recommend hiring a local attorney to handle this matter for you.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.


I agree with my colleague, to get partickular help with our application, seek assistance directly from an immigration attorney. General information is okay to obtain through an internet site such as this but for specific individual matters seek legal assistance directly.

Attorney Robert Brown's (former INS Director, 1972-99) reply to your question is general in nature, and does not constitute legal advice as all facts are known to him. For specific advice or representation you should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law. Mr. Brown's reply on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship not constitute legal advice.


Read and re-read the Form's instructions. If still having difficulties comprehending, than its a sign you need to hire an immigration attorney to help you.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You appear to be concerned about your lawful stay in the United States and wish to remain in the country legally. If that is in fact correct, delegate any of your issues to the counsel of record, as legally appropriate in this situation.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois


A knowledgeable immigration attorney should be able to assist you with this process.


Have you received a notice from the NVC regarding what is necessary to correct your I 864. In order to assist you an experienced immigration attorney will need to see a copy of what you originally filed as well as the request to correct the affidavit.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer