Skip to main content

Can you get deported on a DUI and child endangerment?

Duluth, GA |

Someone I know has an ICE hold for DUI. She's in jail waiting for a bond...will she be able to get a bond or is it possible she'll get deported. She has two kids that were born in the states. She has I-94 and VISA to legally stay in the US but her passport is almost expired. Please need some advise.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


What kind of visa allows her to be in the US with 2 kids?

Talt to an immigration attorney as-soon-as-possible.

The endangering charge has me concerned.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Maybe depending on the court disposition. Start obtaining this first.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.



NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


The ICE hold is likely due to unlawful presence, rather than a DUI. Having two US citizen children may help your friend get an immigration bond. She will benefit from the assistance of a knowledgeable criminal attorney. The outcome of the criminal case is often critical to the individual's ability to remain in or return to the United States. I would also urge her to retain an immigration attorney to represent her in removal proceedings should such proceedings be initiated against her.


Short answer - YES, you could.

If you have further questions, call me at 770-904-5115. The information and opinion rendered herein is done as a courtesy and is for general informational purposes. Nothing herein may be construed by any party as to give rise to an attorney-client relationship.