Skip to main content

Can you get arrested for not returning a car on title loan in texas

Corpus Christi, TX |

i have a title loan and im 30 days overdue a man called me and said if i dont turn in the car today he would file criminal charges against me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to talk to a local Consumer Law attorney who deals with this kind of case, immediately. Title Pawn laws are unique in each state. Generally, giving them your title and signing it over enables the loan company to put the vehicle title into their name at will and that means they can usually repo it from you with no notice at all because they technically own it. Call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Consumer Law attorney near you or you can go to this web site page for a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers ( and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to a Consumer Law attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please give me a “thumbs up” below. Ron Burdge,