Skip to main content

Can you get a sex offence expunged or removed off your record?

Greensboro, NC |

My friend was convicted of indecent liberties with a minor over 10 years ago. He was at his friends house one night and his friend brought this girl over. The girl told him that she was 18 and that night his friend has sex with the girl. My friend did not sleep with the girl, but she did give him a blow job. He found out that the girl snuck out of her house that night, lied about her age, and the friend that he was hanging out with that night had gotten arrested when he was dropping the girl off that night. The other guy turned my friend into the police and he got off with only a few hours of community service. No other offenses. Can you get off the registry, records expunged, sealed or offense off records? I appreciate any help on this situation

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Probably Not. In North Carolina, you can apply for an expunction if your case has been dismissed or you were found not guilty. If you were under 18 years old at the time of the conviction, there may be a possibility that you can obtain an expunction. Your friend should speak with an attorney.

This information should not be construed as legal advice. You should consult with a lawyer.


You can't expunge or seal convictions.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer