Can you drink wine in a restaurant at 18 in Texas if your parents are with you

Mesquite, TX |

I know that the drinking age is 21 in every state, but I have heard that you can drink liquor at restaurants under 21 if your spouse or parents are with you in some states. Is that legal in Texas? Every so often I have a glass of wine with my parents at home. They don't usually drink wine when we go to a restaurant, but could I get wine if they were there and said it was ok?

I don't think your right. On Yahoo answers someone asked if a minor can drink wine at a restaurant if their parents are with them in Texas. The people that answered the question that a minor can drink wine at a restaurant as long as their parents or spouse are with them. I'm not sure which is correct. I think you are just giving your opinion on what is right. If that is true, post the law that says a minor can't drink wine at a restaurant if they are with their parents so that I can read it. Thank you, John Curtis Rentz. I thought that you could drink wine at a restaurant with your parents or spouse as long as they are there with you.

Best Answer

You must be in visible presence of an adult parent, guardian or spouse. Texas Alcohol Beverage Code 106.04 (consumption law) & 106.05 (possession law)

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

No way Jose.

www.KellerLawOffices.com

Some states will allow , check with a criminal defense attorney licensed to practice in Texas. In Maryland an experienced criminal defense attorney will tell you the answer is absolutely no. In fact, if you are under 21 a maryland criminal defense attorney will tell you that you cant even sit at the bar.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm