Skip to main content

Can you apply for Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process if not enrolled in classes?

Anaheim, CA |

I know that in order to file for DACA you have to be a current student. I am enrolled in a college and I did take classes last quarter unfortunately because Of financial reasons I couldn't enroll in classes this quarter, I have to wait until April to enroll again but I wanted to apply for DACA since I fit the qualifications but I feel like this issue can get my application denied.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you graduated from high school or got a GED and are otherwise eligible, then you can apply and be approved. Talk to an atty if you have other questions about whether or not you are eligible.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Did you graduate from high school? Do you have a GED? One of those would make you eligible for DACA and you would not be required to be a current student.


Asuuming you graduated from HS, no you do not have to show you are currently enrolled. We have done many DACA cases, and we are about 30 minutes from Anaheim...fell free to give us a call to schedule a consultation, if you wish (we are very affordable as well).


I agree with my collegues. If you have already graduated from high school or obtained your GED, then you meet the education requirement to apply for DACA. It is not required that you presently be in school if you already obtained HS diploma/GED. You should consult with an immigration attorney to make sure you meet the other eligibility requirements.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer