Skip to main content

Can you appeal a pcra?

Newville, PA |
Attorney answers 5


A PCRA is a form of appeal. Your question is unclear.


Yes, you can. These are very complicated matters-so I hope you are represented.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.


If the trial court denied your PCRA petition, it can be appealed. You need to be represented and if you cannot afford a private attorney you should seek a public defender or ask the court to appoint one.


Yes. Your chances of winning on appeal are slim to none.


If your PCRA is denied by a Court of Common Pleas judge, you can appeal to the Superior Court. In order to prevail, you would have to show that the judge committed an error of law or that the judge's findings of fact are not supported by the record. That is very hard to do, but sometimes PCRA appeals are granted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer