Skip to main content

Can we sue CPS for harassment?

Detroit, MI |

My girlfriend's ex-husband accused her of abusing her sons when she was in the process of leaving him. He picked up the two boys and fled, and CPS came after her shortly afterward for some bruises and burns that were not there before. She was tricked into giving up her rights to the boys, and told that she and her daughter would be left alone. CPS later arrived to take the daughter. After 2 years of battle, she won her daughter back. Now, a recent ex (who has 11 counts of assault & dv) has accused her of being unfit, due to medical reasons. She takes great care of her daughter. CPS has opened a case, and contacted her doctors, accusing her of drug abuse, so she is not able to get her prescriptions now. She complained to CPS, who then called to say they were taking it to court. Can we sue?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Very hard under these facts.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer