Can u get a misdemeanor expunged off ur record in Georgia for petty theft if it's ur second offense. Even if the first offense

Marietta, GA |

even if the fist offense is from another state and was expunged in that state.?

If your case was dismissed through a diversion program, and the prosecutor does not object to the expungement it should not be a problem. However, if you were convicted of the charge, or anything else, an expungement would not be possible.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

my case from ohio wasn't dismissed. I went to court. plead guilty andall my paperwork sed found guilty. all i know is that one year later i applied to have my record expuged. it was aproved. i just want to know about here in georgia is it possible to be expunged. i got to court this thursday for the current case against me in georgia. ps. what is an diversion program?

It depends on your particular situation. Expungement, under Georgia law, can be allowed by a prosecutor under certain circumstances, i.e. a pretrial diversion program. If your attorney is able to negotiate for expungement to be part of the plea, this is your best chance at the expungment going through.

I do consultations for cases like yours, if you are not represented by an attorney currently. Also, in the Marietta area, Kim Frye is a great defense attorney with an office in Marietta.

Im not currently represented by a lawyer. I been online looking for public defenders or prices for lawyers. because I cant afford one. I represented myself in ohio wen i was found guility. one year later i filed the paperwork for and expungement it was approved in. Im tryin to find and understand the law and works for a second offense. but in a different state and how expungement will work or and i qaulified for it at all. and if i dont have a lawyer will that disqualify me as we to be able to plea that?