Skip to main content

Can tribal governments sue Labor and Industry for violation of their tribal members rights?

Tulalip, WA |

I am Native American and live on a reservation in the Washington State. Tribal clinics are exempt from the Labor and Industry Medical Provider Medical Network. When I shared this information with my claims manager, I was told I was wrong. The claims manager refused to verify the information I gave her. She refused to pay my medical bills, time loss benefits and told me I was 'a test case.'

This has been going on for 4 months. I requested to speak with supervisors and operational managers, no one returned my phone calls.

As a result. , I am being threatened with foreclosure on my home. I did try to find a new doctor but was turned down by 16 doctors.

On 3/15/13, Labor and Industry management stated that Tribal clinics were exempt and I could resume my treatments.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You may be able to sue the claims manager, but since the Labor and Industry Medical provider appears to have changed their position I am unsure about your damages. If you can establish discrimination, then you may have a civil rights claim. You will need a skilled attorney to help you.

This is not intended as legal advice. It is only provided for educational purposes and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Further no attorney client relationship is or has been formed by answering this question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer