Skip to main content

Can this type of felony get probation?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

18 years old, first offense, second degree felony of unarmed burglary of an unoccupied dwelling. Can he possibly get probation? He lives in Florida.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


He potentially could. I would strongly recommend he retain a criminal defense attorney immediately. My firm handles such matters and offers free case consultations at 813 830 2261. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions


There are several programs designed for young adults and first time offenders. Hire an experienced attorney to analyze the case and negotiate with the state. There may be motions that can be filed to win the case.

Let me know if we can be of assistance.

Benjamin Fernandez, Esq.


There may be several options available to him including a possible youthful offender departure. He needs to meet with a local criminal defense lawyer.
Good luck,


Assuming he has never been sentenced as a youthful offender, he may be eligible for probation at the discretion of the Court. He needs to speak with an attorney immediately--as it stands, he is looking at a mandatory prison sentence.

Feel free to contact me for any further assistance. I am happy to help. (727) 538-4220.


Maybe. My office is in St. Petersburg. Feel free to contact me if the defendant would like a free consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer