Skip to main content

Can this group send me to jail?

Pontiac, MI |

I was playing with an app called whisper. I posted an add looking for a female of any age. I got a response from someone claiming to be 15. I stupidly allowed the communication to continue. I eventually agreed to me. This person turned into someone working for a consulting firm stating i had 2 options. Official they turn my case over to the courts or unofficial i pay there consulting fee of $10,000 to make it go away. Is this group real and can they really do this. Yes i made a stupid mistake.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Imagine the group could make a police report. Their scheme however would be revealed. Are you up for taking the step to report this? Hire your lawyer for legal advice.



I did agree to meet the person before they revealed themself as a person working for the consulting firm TCAP MI. I can't find anything on this group online. I know I should have used better judgement. What would be the next step to report it?


If this is a real organization, wait for law enforcement to contact you. If you're contacted by law enforcement, please don't say anything until you speak with an attorney.

The answers provided are of a general nature and are not intended to be final or complete answers of any individual's legal questions. Other facts not considered may change the analysis or outcome. Do not rely on information presented herein to address your individual legal concerns. Your receipt of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the legal privileges inherent therein. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney experienced in that area of the law. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you hire an attorney, you should request information about the attorney's qualifications and experiences. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area. NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum.


It sounds like you have a really dangerous situation that needs expert intervention. You obviously don't want to do anything to cause yourself to get prosecuted and at the same time, something needs to be done about this "consulting firm". The potential of a wrong move having lifetime consequences for you is very real. Hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer ASAP.

I encourage you to use to find a 10.0 rated criminal defense lawyer. Most retained criminal defense attorneys will offer you a free telephone consultation.

Mr. Loren Dickstein, Esq.
10.0 Rated Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney
2000 Town Center, Ste. 2350
Southfield, MI 48075
(248) 263-6800
AV Rated (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell
Super Lawyer – Thomson Reuters
10.0 Rated (Superb) – Avvo Lawyer Ratings

Click on the picture to see the profile of the lawyer answering your question. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


Mr. Dickstein is correct, this is a sticky situation requiring assistance from an experienced criminal defense attorney that is well acquainted with local prosecutors...the situation you describe, with the "threat" you received, has the makings of an extortion ring. You are seen by them as their patsy. I strongly urge you to avoid further contact with the persons who have made this "offer" until you have consulted with an attorney that can review your options and assist you in making a well informed decision. If you receive further messages from the source of this "threat" simply advise "...I will get back with you..." then make an appointment with a lawyer who will assist. Best wishes.


You surely made a very stupid mistake, but this sounds like an extortion scam to me. Consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction to plan your next move.

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney--19 years experience. Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy


I agree. Sounds like a scam. Do not pay any money to anybody. Consult with a lawyer. You may want to report the matter to the Attorney General.