Skip to main content

Can this be connected to rear end collision?

Nacogdoches, TX |

On Sept 3 2013, while I was at a complete stop, I was rear ended by another car. I was attempting to turn in to restaturant so my daughter could use the restroom. My daughter complained of pain across belly but did not want to go to the Dr. (she had just been that day) She missed a couple days of school. Within a week of that time, she has issues with incontinence and wetting herself day and night. There is documentation at the school nurses office on when this started. Sept 12. She went to Dr and ruled out infection/ diabetes 11/8.. I believe this is connected to the accident. How does one go about connecting and proving this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9

Best Answer

Hire a personal injury attorney. Your personal injury attorney will consult with a doctor and determine whether the condition can be related on a more likely than not basis to the accident. AVVO has a tool to help you find a lawyer:

If you want to discuss please email me at or call on my mobile: (206) 714-1421. Thanks.


Only the doctor can do that. The proof has to be within a reasonable degree of medical probability. Many doctors don't want to write such a report. Talk to a seasoned well-rated attoreny (on Avvo) and find out if he/she knows a urologist who will consult on the case. Best of luck.

Every situation is different, and good legal advice cannot be given based on a short question without an exploration of all the facts that may bear on your situation. This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been established.


This is up to the doctor. It is the doctor that would have to say it is connected and explain how. You should talk to an attorney about this.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.


Take her for medical treatment and tell them what happened.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice.


This is not a legal question it is a medical question. YOur daughter needs to be seen by a doctor and given the history you describe. If a doctor makes the connection then there is a connection. If the doctor does not make the connection then there is no connection.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.


A doctor will need to relate her issues to the accident. Did the doctor say what has caused her problems? Take a look at the records from her visit. Consider consulting a local personal injury attorney.


You need medical testimony to prove causation.


Best to have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee.


The answers you have been given here are correct. The only way to "prove" it is related is if a doctor says so. Many times doctors do not put these things in the medical records voluntarily. You will likely need a personal injury attorney who can later request an appropriate medical narrative from the doctor that will prove up causation for the injury.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer