Skip to main content

Can this attorney get away with this.

Fort Worth, TX |

My dad has a case for evading arrest. his lawyer was recomme nded by a lady friend of.his that knew this attorney b/c he had been cheating on his wife with her. Ended up divorced. Attorney told my dad getting him probation would be no problem b/c judge was his golf buddy. One of the girls friends got mad at her and went to attorney b/c he paid all the girls bills and told him my dad and her were more than friends trying to get back at her. Shortly after , probation was out of the question and judge has set case for trial. The attorney told my dad if he could hide for 6months he would come back and have an open plea which would be better for him so he told him not to show up for court. My dad listened to him andi now is charged with bail jumping. He has many proofs and never jumped bail unt

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

If you think the lawyer has done something wrong you should contact the state bar.

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


He should consult another attorney for a second opinion.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones


Without delay!


May I suggest that the defendant seek the advice of a different attorney?

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.