Skip to main content

Can the responsible parties insurance ask me medical questions?

Sheboygan, WI |

I was in a car accident, the other drivers fault, both cars were trashed, her insurance wants to know all my medical information and will not process my claim untill I sign a medical release form. I am still without a car and in pain.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


You should not be talking to anyone from the insurance company for the defendant. You need to contact a PI attorney to handle this for you. They will know how to proceed, based on the circumstances of your accident and the coverage issues involved..

I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.


Yes they can, but if you are trying to handle this yourself, that is a big mistake. You need to engage a personal injury lawyer to handle this for you. Don't sign anything or speak to the adjuster again until you have consulted an attorney.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.


Sure; precisely why you need an attorney.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


They can if you let them, but, you should contact and consult with an attorney prior to talking to the insurance carrier.


You should consult with a personal injury attorney ASAP before doing/singing anything.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


You are being coerced to disclose information that you may regret disclosing. You need an attorney to protect your rights.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. r

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Before discussing anything further with the other driver's insurer, you should contact and discuss your matter with a local personal injury attorney. There are too many pitfalls to handling this matter without counsel.


Do not speak with either the other person's insurance company or yours without retaining a personal injury lawyer, or you could sabotage your good claim. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer