Skip to main content

Can the police bring charges of a person harboring a fugitive if they told the police they did not know where the person was at?

Clinton Township, MI |

My fiancé son committed a murder. At the time of the murder, my fiancé was at work. The police question my fiancé and ask him where was his son. He told them he did not know. Two days later he was arrested at work for harboring a fugitive, but his son was captured 4 hours away from where my fiancé live.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You fiancé, as well as his son both need good counsel. If he had no part in assisting his son remaining a fugitive the charges should be dropped.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .


I agree with Mr. Brennan; both gentlemen need the assistance of good criminal defense attorneys. He (your fiance) may well have a solid defense to any charges brought against him, but it is unwise indeed to come to that conclusion by researching the issue on the Internet and deciding that counsel is not necessary. Do not post any additional information on this public website or anywhere else on the Internet, including social media like Facebook. It's not private nor confidential and could come back to bite someone without warning.


Both individuals need to hire attorneys as soon as possible. Do not talk about this case anymore on this or any forum. Call an attorney today.

Kennedy Law Office, PLLC
Free Consultations.

Disclaimer: No attorney-client relationship has been established. Please contact an attorney about your legal rights. This answer is for educational purposes only.