Skip to main content

Can the insurance stop paying without notice for treatment of a car accident victim ?

Butler, PA |

My finance was sitting at a red light when a girl was testing and rear ended him , causing him to sustain a broken neck . This was in August of 2010 , it's now February 2013 . His doctor has prescribed therapy ( weekly ) and massages ( weekly ) because he is still having headaches and dizziness . He is waiting to see a neurologist to have scans of his brain to see if they can pinpoint the issue , since all he ever has had is rays . Today he went to his regularly scheduled massage appointment to have the therapist tell him she couldn't see him anymore because she hadn't been paid since October . The insurance company did this once already and they said it was a mistake , now we can conclude that it's not . Can we request for a new caseworker to take over his case at the insurance co ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


This is a matter for his attorney.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


He needs to ask his attorney his question to get the best answer. If he doesn't have one , he should get a free consultation asap.


The statute of limitations in PA is 2 years. I hope his lawyer filed this case.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I agree that this is a question for his attorney. It sounds like this matter may be one to address to the medical coverage of his own automobile insurance. Also, if he had regular helath insurance, he should give that ifnormation to all the medical providers as that coverage is secondary to his PIP medical coverage of his automobile policy. Again, this issue is really one for his attorney.

By the way, the claim for medical coverage benefits is not 2 years in Pennsylvania, it is the following:

§ 1721. Statute of limitations.

(a) General rule.--If benefits have not been paid, an action for first party benefits shall be commenced within four years from the date of the accident giving rise to the claim. If first party benefits have been paid, an action for further benefits shall be commenced within four years from the date of the last payment.


Your fiancée should have his attorney intercede for him and remedy this situation.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer