Skip to main content

Can the insurance company of a hit and run driver in a pedestrian accident refuse to pay medical expenses to victim?

Santa Fe, NM |

My husband was run over in a parking lot. There were witnesses to the event and the driver has since been arraigned. His insurance company says that it was a willful act and they are not required to pay my husband's medical bills. Do they have legal liability in this case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to hire a personal injury asap. Do not speak to anyone until you do.


Which is to say, the insurance company is contesting the claim. You need a good personal injury attorney - NOW. S/he will deal with the insurance company and make sure your husband follows all necessary procedures for documenting injury and treatment.

Contact the NM and your county bar associations for referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer