Skip to main content

Can the FL 155 be used instead of FL 150

North Hollywood, CA |

Im confused with the FL 150 and FL 155, can they used in exchange of one another. Can I use the FL 155 instead of FL 150?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


In some cases, yes the FL-155 can be used instead of the FL-150. It depends on what you plan to use the form for.

If you are filing for spousal support or attorney's fees, for example, you need to complete the FL-150. The instructions on whether you qualify to use the FL-155 are listed on Page 2 of the form itself. If, for example, you are self-employed, you cannot use this form.

I am including links below which may be helpful. Good luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis


great counsel


Attorney Norton provided you an outstanding answer, the forms are correlated to what you are seeking and asking the court to do, the link should help, take care and best of luck.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


Read the instructions on Page 2 of the FL-155, to enable you to determine which of the two forms you are eligible to use.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


It is confusing to have two forms. However, it does depend on what you are using them for. Generally people do not use FL155 because they don't qualify to use it for the reasons explained below. If you are in doubt after reading this, I suggest you use FL150.

You CANNOT use FL155 if you are:
1. Asking for Spousal Support or a Change in Spousal Support or your spouse is.
2. Asking the other party to pay attorney's fees
3. If you recieve another source OTHER THAN from Welfare (such as TANF, GR, or GA), Salary or wages, Disability, Unemployment, Interest, Workers' compensation, social security, retirement, or if you are self-employed.

Hope this helped.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer