Skip to main content

Can the court order me to take a drug test for anabolic steroids during my annullment precedings ?

Severance, CO |

I Have rencently served my wife with annullment papers , and my wife will be responding to them soon , She said her response will be that I be sober from any illegal substances for 3 months. I am on anabolic steroids and she knows this , can the court order me to take a drug test , and if so does this even hold any relevance to the request for annullment?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


So long as you are legal and only taking perscription medical drugs, not to worry, right?

It is at least possible that once a judge is involved a drug test might come up, but in a civil matter it would be more remote than it would be in a criminal case.

Why worry? It sounds like your opponent is pulling out all the stops.


It is hard to see what possible relevance steroid use would have to a declaration of invalidity action. The Court has the power to order a drug test, but a judge won't do this unless there is a reason. If child custody is an issue it might be relevant. If the only issue is the validity of the marriage, I can't see how your drug use would be relevant.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer